Visitor
ramori

Netflix connection failure - suggestions?

[ Edited ]

I've had my FAT+ for a year, with no problems. Beginning last week, I've only been able to connect to Netflix about 5% of the time. The screen locks up when trying to access my Instant Queue, and after about 5 minutes of the little Netflix circle spinning around, the FAT+ either locks up, or resets itself automatically and returns to the home screen.  The FAT+ can access my home network, other internet services, etc., just not Netflix.

So I reset the firmware with USB 1.55. Reset my wireless network connection. The FAT+ can access my home network, and the internet (youtube, pandora). But of course since my firmware was reset, I have to reactivate with Netflix.

When I try to reactivate with Netflix, the FAT+ won't connect properly. This is what I see:

RED - Connecting to your local network

GREEN - Connecting to internet

GREEN - Checking for updates

GREEN - Connecting to Netflix

But then Netflix returns a message that says, "Cannot connect to your home network. Please check your router..."

Why do I get the RED circle for local network connection, when I know my FAT+ is connected? I can see all my shared drives in the Network icon, can view the photos and videos shared on my home PC, etc.:smileyfrustrated:

Suggestions?

Byte
bronzi

Re: Netflix connection failure - suggestions?

like always no help from seagate

Petabyte
prairiedog

Use a wired connection when first activating Netflix on this device.  Go back to wireless when it's activated.

-------
- Please search the forums first and remember, these are COMMUNITY forums so don't expect Seagate techs to trot out some new firmware update because you don't like something. To be honest, they don't even visit these forums. Be nice, verbose, and mindful.
- There are sticky threads that can also answer many of your questions
- Reinstall firmware with the COLD METHOD
Visitor
runderwo99

We were having the same problem starting two Mondays ago.  Seagate said defective, out of warranty hardware.  Netflix said alternately that it's Seagate fault and that our internet connection is suddenly too slow.  Around and around on the phone.  Gave up.  Today (Monday) it is working again with no changes to any configuration on our side.

Petabyte
prairiedog

Yeah, I see this pattern on internet-enabled devices.  While it may vary slightly by manufacturer, as Netflix enhances their end, the hardware folks barely look back at their devices to correct them.  I recently tried to watch Hulu on a Vizio TV but it was all glitched out.  A day later, factory reset, delete and reinstall widget, nothing worked.  The solution was reducing my queue size - thanks to the internet for the solution.  No comment from Vizio on the topic.

There's no standard here so they can only plan on planned obsolescence with hardware having a 3 year life.  Ug.

-------
- Please search the forums first and remember, these are COMMUNITY forums so don't expect Seagate techs to trot out some new firmware update because you don't like something. To be honest, they don't even visit these forums. Be nice, verbose, and mindful.
- There are sticky threads that can also answer many of your questions
- Reinstall firmware with the COLD METHOD
Visitor
Pistonstoned

Reducing Queue to under 100 seems to fix that problem